I understand and accept that:-
- Not withstanding your statutory rights, Tritons Swim School CIC (TSS) tuition fees are non-refundable with the student withdraws from the lesson or has booked a class they are not suitable for (i.e. the student should be in a different stage class). TSS strongly advise customers of; that are not sure of what stage class is suitable, prospective students aged 3 and 4-years-old and prospective students with specific learning needs, to view a lesson and/or undergo an assessment with TSS before booking.(NB: customers that have booked unsuitable class for the students ability will only be offered an alternative class where there is space)
- TSS will provide suitably qualified instructors, retain
a suitable Public Liability Insurance, arrange for DBS checks on all staff with substantial access to children and or vulnerable adults.
- TSS instructors and assistants will sometimes work in the water with
students and will regularly have cause to provide the student with physical support and aid
correct stroke technique using manual physical manipulation/guidance.
- There will be a handover period, not usually exceeding five minutes, when one group leave the pool and the next is
welcomed and that this period is included in advertised lesson times.
- TSS endevour to provide the same instructor to the course of lessons, but do not guarantee will provide a replacement instructor(s) in the event of instructor absence.
- TSS reserve the right to cancel or amend lessons schedule in exceptional circumstances (e.g. faecal contamination of pool water).
- TSS/WTSC staff, students, customers and members agree to abide by the rules of the ASA and British Swimming when delivering programmes on behalf of ASA registered club, with particular reference to ASA Recommended Codes of Conduct, Code of Ethics, Equity Policy and Wavepower (Safeguarding) Policies
Students should be changed and on the poolside five minutes before the
lesson is due to start.
Students (both girls and boys) are required to wear a swimming hat. A hat
is provided, free of charge, at the beginning of term, replacements must be
purchased if this hat is lost or damaged.
All spectators on poolside must remove outdoor shoes. Anyone who is
intending to stay to watch should bring along a pair of indoor shoes if they
object to having bare feet.
No talcum powder must be used in the changing rooms.
Necklaces and bracelets should be removed prior to swimming or taped
securely. Small stud earrings can be left in but larger earrings and especially
those with hoops must be removed. If any injury results from a child wearing
jewellery contrary to this policy is the responsibility of the parent or
Swim nappies should be worn by any child who is not reliably toilet
Tritons Swim School instructors can only be responsible for students during
their swimming lessons and parents and/ or guardians are responsible at all
other times. The swimming lesson begins when the instructor accepts charge of
the student from the parent or guardian and ends when the student is returned
to the designated pick up point at the end of the lesson. If the parent or
guardian is not present at the end of the lesson a charge of £10 per ten minute
period, or part of, is payable for continued supervision. Where a student is
over eleven years old they may attend the lesson without the presence of a
parent or guardian but the student remains the full and sole responsibility of
the parent at all times before and after the lesson.
8. If the customer is a member of Walthamstow Tritons SC, they must abide by the Rules of WTSC, the ASA and British Swimming, with particular reference to ASA Recommended Codes of Conduct, Code of Ethics, Equity Policy and Wavepower (Safeguarding) Policies.
There is an administrative charge of £10.00 where a cheque is returned
unpaid by your bank.
In circumstances where a payment is returned, we reserve the right to
suspend the place without a credit being applied to the account or a refund made
due for lessons missed until the returned amount is repaid in full.